Madrid | Marbella
Created in León, Spain, in 1942 by Higinio Guerra Valcarce, member of the Royal Academy of Jurisprudence and Legislation (Real Academia de Jurisprudencia y Legislación), the company, inherited from parents to sons, has a vocation to offer an efficient and reliable service, backed by experience and specialization of its professionals.
Guerra Abogados is founding member of GRUPO DE IURE (www.grupo-deiure.com) ALIANZA INTERNACIONAL DE DESPACHOS DE ABOGADOS Y ECONOMISTAS, independent for the improvement of the legal counseling in international private law.
Cesáreo Guerra Galí
Civil – Commercial
Grandson of the founder
Registered lawyer since 1992 in Madrid Bar Association (Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de Madrid).
Cesáreo combined his Law studies with the legal practice in his father´s law firm.
In addition to that he did practical training in two American law firms, in Miami with M.A Martin Lawyers FL. and in New Nueva York with Grant, Hermann Schwartz & Klinger LLC. from 1992 and 1994.
Since 1992 he is active as a lawyer, providing legal advice and defending causes before courts and tribunals in Spain.
Between 1996 and 1998 he was external lawyer for several town halls in the mountains of the Sierra de Madrid.
Cesáreo is secretary and legal advisor of the Institute of Stock Exchange Studies, the Instituto de Estudios Bursátiles, www.ieb.es and its gouverning council.
University lecturer at Universidad Antonio de Nebrija upon consumer´s rights in the Master studies, MUDE 2011–2014.
Founder of GRUPO DE IURE (www.grupo-deiure.com), an alliance which is composed of more than 17 law firms in several countries.
Member of the advisory board of the ICMEDIA (http://www.icmedianet.org/es) in order to improve the quality of audiovisual contents and the protection of the childhood (2017).
Specialist in civil and commercial issues as well as in litigation with international transcendence and all kind of international aspects.
Languages: English and Spanish
Margarita García López
Tax – Accounting
15 years of experience
She specialised in her field with a Master in account auditing (Máster de Auditoría de Cuentas) and the postgrade course of financial and tax administration (Curso de Postgrado de Administración Financiera y Tributaria) offered by the School of Public Finances (Escuela de Hacienda Pública) and the Universidad de La Coruña, passing the first two exams of the Corps of Management of Public Finances (Cuerpo de Gestión de Hacienda).
Margarita possesses more than fifteen years of experience in the private sector, providing direct advising clients directly on their tax obligations and keeping accounts of companies and private persons. This work she combines with their teaching activity at Universidad Francisco de Vitoria, Chamber of Commerce of Madrid (Cámara de Comercio de Madrid), Instituto de Formación Empresarial and Escuela de Jóvenes Empresarios.
Since her incorporation in GUERRA ABOGADOS, this law firm advises all clients in all kind of matters in the fields of tax law and accounting, preparing tax declarations and accounting, drafting of reports, assistance and defense before the tax administration and its contingents as well as administrative appeals.
Administrative assistance in International Organizations and law firms in Germany and Spain, all of them operating in internationally and with VIP clients.
Work placement with duty station in The Hague, working in the “Defence Support Section” of the International Criminal Court and in the United Nations Environment Programme.
Interpretation and translation in courts and tribunals as well as in organs of the State Security Forces and Corps.
Languages: Dutch, English, French, German and Spanish.
Mª Eugenia Martín-Caro
Labour - Family Law
Licensed in Law by UNED, registered as a lawyer in Madrid Bar Association.
She specialized in Labour Law, passing all interviews and exams in order to enter into the corps of judges substitutes of Barcelona.
Furthermore María Eugenia has more than 13 years of experience in the legal sector which she has developed both in the Justice Administration as well as in the private sector, being the latter as labour lawyer, advising both companies and individual persons in matters of labour and family law.
Also she worked as a court official in the Family Court of Madrid.
She joins GUERRA ABOGADOS as external counsultant in labour and family law.
Maria Eugenia is a member of the Grupo De Iure.
Languages: Spanish, Catalan and English
Luis Hidalgo Armijo
Criminal - Civil
President of ADDEXE
Lawyer, specialist in Human Rights by Universidad Complutense de Madrid – España and the International Institute for Human Rights of Strasbourg, France.
He was coordinator of the group “Group of minors of age and young people in favour of human rights of Madrid” “Grupo de Menores y Jóvenes de la Asociación Pro Derechos Humanos de Madrid” (1988-1989).
Practising lawyer and member of the Lima Bar Association (Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de Lima) since 1982 (col: 11395) and Madrid Bar Association (Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de Madrid) since 1988 (col: 40705).
Currently he advises foreign companies, established in Spain and is the president of the Association for the Defense of Foreigners in Spain, Asociación para la Defensa de los Derechos de los Extranjeros en España (ADDEXE).
Vicepresident of the Federación de Asociaciones Peruanas en España -FEDAP-. He is the representant of the Confederación de Abogados del Pacto Andino, to the EU.
Languages: English and Spanish.
Our priority: Defend your interests
In these times of health alert because of the COVID-19 and the economic uncertainty, Guerra Abogados, extends the uninterrupted opening hours from 9 o´clock to 22 o´clock. Moreover we also increased the departments of civil procedural, commercial insolvency (suspension of payments) and contractual about modification, extinction and suspension of contracts due to force majeure and the ‘rebus sic stantibus’ clause.
Today more than ever we remind of our permanent and serious vocation backed by our long expertise. Your issue will be studied by a team of lawyers and economists. We help and inform you about the viability, duration and fees.
Eight reasons for trusting us
- Because we are a law firm with a long-standing family tradition of lawyers, inherited from parents to sons, with VOCATION proven since 1942.
- Because EVERY CASE is studied WITHOUT DELAY, with thoroughness, interest and professionalism.
- Because we have a satisfying percentage of MERITS.
- Because we inform you previously and IN WRITING about our FEES with competitive rates and PAYMENT FACILITIES.
- Because the first visit is FREE OF CHARGE and non-binding.
- Because we count with an integral team of PROFESSIONALS – lawyers and economists – who will give a solution to your problem or question.
- Because the client has the possibility to receive counseling and do meetings online, using videoconference or email.
- Because you can enjoy the advantages of our Alliance, ALIANZA (www.grupo-deiure.com) with other independent, prestigious law firms from different parts of Spain and abroad.
Main areas of advice
Courts and tribunals
Family law. Heritages. Wills/testaments.
Contracts and Companies. Accounting
Some cases we were pursuing:
– Investment in Spain, from England and France. Constitution of a textil company for a new brand of fashion. Initial investment: 500.000 euros.
– Advice in corporate law to an important group of Spanish companies. Secretary of the Board. Objection of board meetings. Operations of real-estate sales.
– Several claims against banks demanding mortgage costs due to void clauses.
– The Court acknowledges in favour of our client the economic rights of phantom shares of a company.
– Business in Gibraltar. – The lawyer Cesáreo Guerra Galí advised a Spanish company in matters of the constitution of a society in Gibraltar, for the construction of the World Trade Center of Gibraltar. www.worldtradecenter.gi
– Consumer´s rights. Madrid Court dismisses a claim against our client, a company because they accept our defense in terms of that the claimant is NOT average consumer. Therefore the claimant cannot be protected by the Consumer´s Law (Ley de consumidores, RDL 1/2007) and our client has fully complied with the General Law of Publicity, applying consequently the “doctrine of one´s owns acts”.
– Our client, a former executive of Globalia won a lawsuit versus Globalia before the Superior Court of Justice of Madrid (Tribunal Superior de Justicia de Madrid) sentencing the company to pay salaries and vacations, absolving our client from paying 70.000 € to the company.
– Wills and all necessary documents regarding the wills, donations, declaration of heirs of foreigners in Spain and extinction of the community of property of the heritage located in several autonomous communities.
– Advisor of foreign investments founds (Fondos de Inversión extranjeros, RU) in the acquisition of real-estate in Spain.
-Vices and defects in construction. Final condemnatory sentence of 300.000 euros against the municipal construction entity (Madrid).
– Drafting of the contract General Agreement and Letter of Intent for a project of construction in Saudi Arabia: Contracting of 140 million of euros.
– International sales operation of merchandise (solar panels and investors) Spain-China-the Caribbean. Contracts, letters of credit, international transport.
– Morroco: Representation of partners in shareholder meetings in companies. Extrajudicial settlement.
– Director lawyer in civil procedures of claiming damages and lost profit (agency contract, advertisement, etc.) with a value higher than 2 million of euros.
– Constitution of companies (large branches, to be emphasized construction company and the maintainance of the highspeed train network AVE and short-distance trains) and of associations (of merchants, of former alumni).
– Lawyers of a Spanish hotel group located in Ibiza for the claim of outstanding amounts by entities seated in United Kingdom.
– Acting lawyers in the separation and liquidation of properties, Brazil-Spain, of the wife of one the football players of Real Madrid C.F, RCDS.
Social Corporative Responsibility
We maintain a permanent surveillance and fight against CORRUPTION.
We maintain suitable LABOUR conditions which favour labour SECURITY AND HEALTH as well as the human and professional development of the employees.
We strive for the continuity of the company since its fundation in 1942.
- ICMEDIA: for the advice to the means of communication and support to families, promoting guarantees of the protection of the contents for children´s audience.
- Foundation CARF: dedicated to an integral education of clergymen and seminarians without financial resources.
- THE COUPLES SATISFACTION INDEX (CSI): in Spain for the support and free training for marriages and couples in crisis.
Discounts of until 70 percent of fees for people without means.